Grandparents in the Garden
Fam’s Reunited? Pop the Kettle On…
Found grandparents in the garden? Happily it’s happening more and more lately. We’ve been welling up at the #nanacuddles hashtag on Instagram. Check out these ‘Grandparents in the Garden’ Tea Party ideas to celebrate…
1. Got groovy grandparents? Pop out these psychedelic plates from Meri Meri. Give Nana and Pops a trip down memory lane. Get the matching temporary tattoos for you and the kids. The gorgeous swirls, sunbeams, flowers and paisley will have them spilling swinging sixties secrets in no time.
2. Every tea party needs a teapot no matter what. Nan’s fave brew a bit stronger? Yvonne Ellen’s designed this cheeky solution. No-one will guess. Cute vintage bee motif and gold accents posh up your party. Just be sure to keep it out of your child’s reach.
3. Don’t forget the decorations. Go OTT with this balloon banner from Ginger-Ray…
Cake is every self-respecting grandma’s go-to solution. Check out Ginger-Ray’s cake stand. A vision of loveliness for your lovely Nana. Remember your manners – first served is Nana’s.
4. Food glorious food. The whole point of every tea party. Baking yummy stuff for your guests can also be a fun supervised activity with the kids. Check out the Little Cooks box from Little Cooks Co. A monthly subscription gets you hours of healthy cooking fun. Unpack dry organic ingredients, easy to follow recipe cards, collectable stickers and table talk cards for after-dinner laughs.
5. Reached peak quiz? Let the proper games begin. Have a blast with charades, musical statues or peep behind the curtain. Curate a 60’s playlist to go with Meri Meri’s magical partyware. Play tea party bingo. Make your own or get these Etsy printables. They’re using sweets for markers.
6. It’s an extra big celebration if grandparents are meeting new arrivals for the first time. Forget charades, your baby will be the centre of attention. Plant your little party animal in our from-birth Noodle 0+ highchair. They have a reclining cradle feature and patterns babies love. Great for your scrapbook pics too.