The Boring Stuff
Terms & Conditions of use
Dealing with us and what it means
We need to have your payment for the price of the goods and delivery before the order is fully accepted, once the lovely money exchanges hands we promise to despatch your goods to you on a speedy service and as long as you have given us a mobile number, you will receive a text giving you a delivery slot. You will also get an e-mail telling you that your order is confirmed. Sometimes the road and traffic can prevent our normal swift delivery and delays can occur, we are sure you would forgive us if this did happen.
Sometimes we cannot accept an order
If we cannot complete your order due to lack of stock, if you live outside our delivery area, or the nasty credit card company does not pay up, we will let you know by e-mail and perhaps we can start the process again.
From time to time we run special offers on Cosatto.com . Unfortunately all promotional prices including bundle discounts are applicable to UK customers only. Please visit your countries local Cosatto stockists website for offers available in your country.
How much does it all cost
The prices of our lovely stuff is advertised on the website and the delivery charges are also clearly marked, remember that we cannot always deliver to every location (islands, outer Hebrides, you know what we mean). We know that you may be disappointed to hear this and we will sympathise but cannot offer any compensation.
Returning our lovely stuff
When you get your Cosatto item, if you do not agree with us that it is lovely stuff and you just do not like it, we will have it back from you. Please pack it all away again in all of the original packaging, contact us by e-mail let us know your order number as it will speed things up - and we will arrange an uplift from the address of your choosing. As soon as we get it back, we will quickly give it the once over, making sure that it is in tip top condition, ie. it has not been outside, there are no crumbs, no stains and no funny smells. We will then credit you in full for the product but sadly not the carriage.
When you get your parcel, if the box is damaged tell the driver and write it on his note, if the goods are damaged inside, sent us an e-mail straight away and we will sort it out for you.
None of the above affects your statutory rights as a consumer this is a quick, simple explanation of what we can do for you when buying our lovely stuff.
Governing Law – the contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
What to do now
Browse and shop until your heart’s content, we love our stuff, we put our heart and soul into every product. We hope you love it too and so once you purchase a Cosatto product you are one of the family. Check out our website, facebook, instagram and blog. We love people and people love us.
Cosatto Four Year Guarantee Terms and Conditions*
For eons of time, Cosatto has been bringing to the market, pushchairs, highchairs and other nursery products that are manufactured to the most exacting standards. We’re test geeks and quality obsessed.
We’re not commitment-shy, we pledge our guarantee of real substance against material or manufacturing defects. We want you to be happy.
This guarantee is in addition to and does not affect your statutory rights.
*Wow XL purchases will receive a 10 Year Guarantee. Only applies to travel system purchases.
Your end of the Bargain
Please read and memorise the following Terms and Conditions. We may test you at a later date:
Cosatto Guarantee Terms and Conditions
- Our four year guarantee is only valid on products whose box bears the 4yr guarantee logo, with the four year guarantee literature enclosed.
- Second-hand products do not qualify for the guarantee.
- Registering with incorrect information will invalidate your guarantee so keep it real. Cosatto reserve the right to refuse any guarantee if our Terms and Conditions are not met.
- With Wow XL purchases you'll receive a 10 Year Guarantee.
Here’s a numbered list:
- The guarantee is available for Cosatto branded products.
- The guarantee is only available to the original purchasing individuals who complete the guarantee registration form, stating the serial number and details of purchase from an approved Cosatto retailer, within 28 days of purchase. The guarantee is non-transferable.
- The guarantee applies to the product only and does not cover any consequential losses - i.e time or other products.
- The guarantee is not applicable to products purchased ex-showroom display.
- Cosatto will replace like for like. However, we reserve the right to discontinue a design, colourway, fabric, accessories or model should we see fit. Under these circumstances, the consumer will receive an equivalent product, provided the claim is within the guarantee period.
- The guarantee is only available to products purchased and still resident in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
- The guarantee does not cover faults caused by factors outside the manufacturer's control, including:
- failure to follow Cosatto user guide and maintenance instructions
- normal wear and tear
- inappropriate use and/or cleaning
- accidental and/or wilful damage - i.e. customer misuse with respect to the enclosed user guides
- inappropriate storage methods
- modification, alteration, transformation of the product
- In the event of any faults - you shall notify Cosatto within 1 week upon discovery of a defect.
- The guarantee applies to material and manufacturing defects only under normal domestic use. It does not cover parts subject to normal wear and tear: foam handles, rubber elements of wheels, signs of fabric wear.
- If the product is found to be defective within the definition detailed above, Cosatto shall, at its discretion, repair the product; or provide new goods and parts to you in replacement. This shall be Cosatto's sole obligation.
- Any repair work shall only be undertaken by a party first approved by Cosatto.
- If a claim is made under this guarantee and the defect is not due to faulty materials or manufacture, Cosatto reserve the right to charge the customer in respect of any Service Engineer's time or replacement parts supplied.
- The guarantee is valid on completion of the registration process.
Length of Guarantee
The guarantee is valid for 4 years from date of purchase. Wow XL purchases will receive a 10 Year Guarantee
Claims can be commenced initially by visiting the Help Zone page or phone: 08000 149 252 (UK). Calls from other networks including mobiles may be incur a charge.
Please note - attaching digital photos will lead to a swifter resolution of your issues.
We take your privacy very seriously. However, from time to time we may come across someone who we think you would really love to hear from and so we may give them your details. Listen to what they have to say or offer, you can always unsubscribe – or, you can tell us up front and we will never pass your details on.
If you change your mind about being contacted after agreeing, just get in touch, we will put a stop to it. We have an open and honest policy here at Cosatto so if you ever want to know what info we have recorded about you, give us a shout.
1. What Data Do We Collect?
Some data will be collected automatically by Our Site (for further details, please see our Cookies section), other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it and consent to Us using it for the purposes set out in section 2, for example, when signing up for an Account or making a purchase. Depending upon your use of Our Site, we may collect some or all the following data:
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Billing and postal address;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- Financial information such as transaction history;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- Lifestyle and other information collected on registration or through surveys.
If you choose to provide us with personal information it will be used in support of the intended purposes stated at the time at which it was collected, and subject to any preferences indicated by you.
After making a purchase we may email you with relevant offers, information and/or news we think you'd like to hear about. If you do not wish to hear form us any further then simply unsubscribe via one of our emails or contact us here and we'll unsubscribe you.
Non-Personal Identifying Information.
We may also collect non-personal identifying information about your visit to our websites based on your browsing activities. This information may include the pages you browse, and products and services viewed or ordered for example.
This helps us to better manage and develop our site, to provide you with a more enjoyable, customised service and experience in the future, and to help us develop and deliver better products and services tailored to your individual interests and needs.
From time to time, if you consented accordingly we may also store and use your information to contact you for market research, marketing, information and customer service purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, mail or social media platforms as indicated by you.
2. How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see section 8, below.
We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our products and services to you;
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with email newsletters and offers, that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time);
- Analysing your use of Our Site [and gathering feedback] to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
Verifying your identity when required (you may lose your password or security information for example, and we may then need to ask you for other 'identifiable' information to protect your data from unauthorised access).
In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and post with information, news and offers on Our products and services.
We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
3. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as we need to use it as described above in section 2, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it.
- Your data will only be stored within the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein).
- Some or all your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein).
- You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
- Data security is of immense importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet, email and or any electronic means.
4. Do We Share Your Data?
- We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of us.
5. How Can You Control Your Data?
- When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails or by managing your Account.
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the United Kingdom. The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
6. Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given It.
- You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section 11, and We will delete Your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
7. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held).
Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us, Data Protection Officer, Cosatto Ltd, Bentinck Mill, Bentinck St, Farnworth, Bolton, BL4 7EP.
Please quote your name and address together with your mobile and / or account/order number (if relevant). We would be grateful if could also provide brief details of what information you want a copy of (this helps us to more readily locate your data.
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
8. Information Security.
Cosatto Ltd recognises that its customers are increasingly concerned about how companies protect personal information from misuse and abuse and about privacy in general. Cosatto Ltd is constantly reviewing and enhancing its technical, physical and managerial procedures and rules to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, accidental loss and/or destruction.
We use industry standard TLS certificates to provide encryption of data in transit, for example, all access Cosatto Ltd’s website is covered by HTTPS.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through several countries before being delivered - this is the nature of the World Wide Web internet.
Cosatto Ltd cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
9. Summary of Your Rights Under GDPR.
Under the GDPR you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (see section 10 below).
10. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling.
If We use personal data for the purposes of automated decision making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on You, you have the right to challenge to such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing your own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from Us.
The right described above do not apply in the following circumstances:
- The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between the You and Us;
- The decision is authorised by law; or
- You have given your explicit consent.
11. Contacting Us.
Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data we hold about you.
Promotions & Special Offers
*Please note. Only one offer can be applied per transaction.
Gurgle VIP Holders
Gurgle VIP holders are entitled to a 10% saving on Cosatto products. Valid when bought on Cosatto.com only. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promo code or discount voucher. Your promo code can be found on Gurgle.com when you login with your unique member code. Offer subject to availability. Offer can be withdrawn at any time.
End of Season Sale Offer
- This offer applies to only selected products on Cosatto.com whilst stocks last
- Offer subject to availability. This offer can be withdrawn at any time.
- This offer is available for those who have received a unique promotional code.
- Available for Cosatto products purchased from Cosatto.com before 31st December 2017.
- Minimum spend of £100. Not available on Cosatto Change Bags, Footmuffs, Mattresses and Spare Parts.
- Offer subject to availability.
- This offer can be withdrawn at any time.
Recommend a friend
- This offer is available for those who have recommended a friend or have been recommended and received a unique promotional code.
- Available for Cosatto products purchased from Cosatto.com
- Minimum spend of £100. Not available on Cosatto Change Bags, Footmuffs, Mattresses and Spare Parts.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- Subject to availability. Offer can be withdrawn at any time.
Survey prize draw
- One completed survey will be selected at random to receive £100 of high street shopping vouchers.
- Vouchers will be Love2shop gift card - no cash alternative
- Winner will be selected and notified via email by 19th May 2018
- If winner doesn't respond to email within 1 week prize will be forfeited and a different winner selected.
Cosatto Facebook Community Rules:
We want the Cosatto Facebook Page to be a fun, lively and positive environment for all of our fans. We encourage comments on Cosatto designs and parenthood related topics in an intelligent and constructive manner. That’s why we’ve outlined some Community Rules. We ask that everyone who posts and engages with our Page keeps to the rules, and we retain the right to remove content posted to Facebook and to block users from posting to this Page where these rules are broken, or when deemed otherwise necessary to create and retain a friendly and helpful community .
Cosatto does not endorse and is not responsible for posts made by fans of our Page.
- Please keep your comments relevant to the topic of the Page/post. Off-topic comments will be removed so we can keep discussions focused for all of our users. New discussions may be started on new topics and all relevant comments should be directed there.
- We will try to help you with any queries, but we want to respect your privacy so we will not ask for personal contact details on this page. It may be necessary to ask you to contact us privately via email or inbox message.
- Treat others in a friendly manner - as you would like to be treated yourself. Be polite, even if you disagree.
- Abusive language, unfriendly language, aggression and bullying are not allowed (whether aimed at users, individuals, Cosatto or their staff).
- Content that is obscene, distressing, defamatory, too graphic, libellous, slanderous, explicitly sexual and/or containing nudity is also banned.
- Posts that may identify individuals through personal information will be removed.
- Spam, comments subject to legal issues, content with overt religious or political bias, content that contains unverified or false claims about products, images and video without proper licensing/consent, content in violation of any law or regulation, content that promotes drugs or alcohol and illegal or inappropriate activities or dangerous behaviour and any other content that disrupts the enjoyment of the community for other users will be removed.
- We do not allow links to website that are not our own as we cannot guarantee the content of those sites.
- Constructive criticisms of Cosatto which we can act on or respond to is welcomed.
- Please respect all of Facebook’s terms and conditions http://on.fb.me/hix5Xa
Our Customer Care lines are opening Mon-Thurs 9am-5pm
Contact us email@example.com / 08000 149 252 calls from BT landlines are free but mobile costs may vary.
Company no (06529629)